Saturday, June 28, 2014

One year in

On this weekend last year I watched my husband ordained into the Diaconate. In a weekend that was filled with chaos and joy. The good news is we have survived the first year and this evening he will be ordained into the Sacred Priesthood.

I have learnt several things this year:-

1: Never ever think that your children will not embarrass you in Church. Over the course of the year they have informed the Sunday School teacher the Holy Spirit is vodka, told a parishioner that I put Rum in his water bottle, run out of school shouting "I will murder in Church tonight" and various other incidents that are amusing so long as they are not your children. I must also point out that I do not put Rum in his water bottle and we are a virtually teetotal household.

2:The kindness of people in our Parish is amazing.

3: Being married to a Deacon you get to be part of some truly enlightening and fulfilling events, some of which are joyful and some are not but you see a difference being made.

4: You find God really does know you better than you know you.

I feel tremendously blessed to have been supporting my husband in his ministry and to have been part of this fantastic community. Like all journey's the road has not always been smooth and there have been many twist and turns. The most important reminder I have had this year is "trust". Learning to trust in God, I am beginning to think is a life long journey for me. But I suppose every journey into faith is a life long one, we can never know it all and nor should we. 

To serve God humbly, faithfully, obediently and sacrificially. This is what my husband is called to do tonight. He will tonight be blessed by God and tomorrow he will go out into the community and bring Christ's body and presence into our lives and the lives of many others. I only hope I can be the support he needs as he goes into all his tomorrows. 

But for now all I have to say is "Deo Gratias"

No comments:

Post a Comment